Fall is officially here at our little homestead, and despite the fact that things are winding down towards the new year, I have been lucky to get on the computer more than five minutes a day beyond work or research. The brief time off from homework (a.k.a. procrastination) has afforded me some much-needed house-cleaning and rearranging (as well as weekly trips to Goodwill to drop off some gently worn items that do not fit anymore). This weekend I am trying to relax a bit, although I have two pretty heavy projects to accomplish before Monday and Tuesday for my courses and an exam in another course to study for. The guy I "kick it around with"'s band is playing a show tonight downtown, so I am hoping I finish up with errands and homework enough to go to that, as most of our mutual friends will be there and I haven't seen many of them in almost a month, although more than likely I will be entrenched in axons and obliques. I am trimming my hair today after not having a good trim since May and mending some dresses to put on the soon-to-be-new-and-improved etsy store!! I wish there was more time in the day to do all the things I need (and want) to do.
I have been under the weather off and on the past few weeks (my nutritional schedule is completely a disaster at this point), but have implemented a home studio, meaning that I get to spend more time with the kids and work in my pjs (when I am not at my real job). It has been a nice change of pace, as you can only listen to so much Britney Spears/98 Degrees/etc blaring from a classmate's Ipod before you want to take an x-acto knife to it.
things to look forward to:
1. Pumpkin Patch travels
2. French pressed coffee, s'mores, and a toasty fire on the patio
3. Bonfires and gettogethers with friends
4. Cashmere and knit sweaters and scarves
5. Knitting on the Square downtown
6. Fall thrifting and estate sales
7. Curling up in bed watching cheesy old movies, shows, and cartoons
8. Homemade soups and cheap wine
9. Camping trips
10. Moogfest and a Mexican Mocha at Izzy's
11. Pumpkin Spice Lattes
12. Dinner at Altruda's for my birthday
13. Reading lots of good books
14. Dorky photo shoots for the magazine
15. Masquerade Parties
16. Daytrips to Chattanooga to see old friends
17. Spending time with my folks and working on stuff for their new house
18. Jumping in piles of leaves with my dog-daughter
19. Listening to Beach House while painting
20. TURKEY HAND CUTOUTS
What are some of your favorite fall activities?