Thursday, January 7, 2010

it's gonna take an airplane


I only was able to get about an hour of sleep last night. I tossed and turned for hours and if there is one thing I am extremely anxious about, it is not getting much sleep! Have you ever felt like that? This is horrible. I am exhausted and I have a bit too much to do today.

But I spent most of the evening listening to the beautiful music made by my friends and downloaded a few songs on iTunes that I have been enthralled with. I have been lazy the past few nights, what with the insanely cold weather, but I am finally making some headway on my lists. I am such a wuss now-- I used to take baths in ice cold water and now I couldn't imagine doing so! I am hoping tonight to put together a covet list, or an inspiration list, but it depends on the amount of time I have free. I am FINALLY taking down my Christmas decor and mending some dresses that I have been procrastinating on. I have a huge pile of stuff that needs to go to Goodwill in my hall right now that has been there for three weeks, at least.

It is supposed to snow here tonight, but I doubt we will get much accumulation. We usually get an inch or so and that is about it. I am homesick for Portland lately more than usual; perhaps it is because of the brisk air reminds me of being out on the coast when there is still a heavy chill in the air. My fondest memories are like spruce trees.

My pets aren't too used to me being gone, although I cannot believe it is THURSDAY already!! This week has flown by.

Here is what I am listening to on this dreary day:

"Somewhere There's a Feather" by Nico
"Tomato Song" by PWRFL POWER
"Franco the Bull" by the One Up Downstairs
"Demon Host" by Timbre Timbre
"Slippery" by Vetiver
"It's Gonna Take an Airplane" by Destroyer
"Dead Vine Blues" by Grails
"Apistat Commander (Xiu Xiu cover)" by Sunset Rubdown
"On a Neck, On a Spit" by Grizzly Bear
"The Anchor Song" by Bjork"
"In the Morning Linda Dies" by Paleo
"In Heaven (Lady in the Radiator Song)" by the Pixies
"Glass, Concrete, and Stone" by David Byrne
"Flume" by Bon Iver
"Signs and Wonders" by Animal Kingdom
"Lost Ones" by Lauryn Hill
"Awkward Social Graces" by the Enigmatic Foe
"Traffic" by Chad VanGaalen
"Bottle Rocket" by the Go! Team
"Lady of the Island" by Crosby, Stills, & Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment