Friday, July 24, 2009

out of context: coveting

I've been attempting to save money lately, so I have been perusing etsy to do my window- shopping.


Fantastic Mid-Century wall sculpture by fabulousmess, $450 USD.


And I adore "the black forest" by whiteapple, $80 USD. And I adore her and her killer style, as well! She is "adorable"!


Liza Rietz' creations are amazing. Although I love her hats the most, her clothing line has certain architectural elements that are visually stunning. Such as this half circle tunic, $281 USD.





New Haven Railroad Line Pendant by bencandance. I used to date this guy that loved railroads and was from New Haven, and the concept of railroad map impressions (featuring New Haven) on jewelry is just really nifty.



I love tinymeat not only because they are so goshdarn creative, enlist a dream team of amazing artists, and make awesome wallets (and cite their location as being "concurrently in your pants and Portland, Oregon"), but also because the descriptions of their items are wonderful. For example, this one states the following:
"....Didja know?
* If the great horned owl were to be totally stripped of its feathers, the naked bird would weigh less than its feathers
* A pair of nesting barn owls is capable of catching and eating nearly 3,000 rats a year.
*Owls are unable to move their eyes within their sockets to a great extent, which means they must turn their entire head to see in a different direction." Awesome. Their shop is currently on hiatus but you can check out tinymeat or visit their "world headquarters" in Portland if you're in NoPo.



new bird neat print by matteart. Matte Stephens has a really incredible style that is retro and modern. The colors are so wonderful. Between he, and ashley g's work, I feel as if my graphic decor for the home is complete.

I am so ready for Autumn already. I am anxiously awaiting boot spats, folk prints, velveteen, fur hats, fisherman sweaters, Russian boots and tops, and most of all- scarves! I fell in love with scarves and scarflettes last year (especially yokoo's) and am taking up my needles again soon for another round of scarf-making. I am excited about Fall etsy listings, too, because that means I am going to start running the end of summer sale soon, too, and get some things cleared out of the house finally. I have to resubmit my architecture portfolio and I have only about 3 months or so to put 12 really good pieces together, but I guess that is better than the 3 days I had last year to do so.

I only have less than a month before I start school full-time, which is no small feat with my full-time job as well and raising my lovely pets. This weekend is going to be a "house redux" so to speak and I am hoping to get a lot accomplished. My friend Claudette and I are planning on having a huge yard sale/cupcake bash next month to get rid of our once-treasured vintage items so I am going to go through everything this weekend to see what I can come up with. I know I have a lot of furniture but it is very hard to part with vintage items because I know I will probably never see them again.

I also am in the market for a new laptop, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I have to be able to run M-Audio, AutoCAD 2009, and Photoshop CS on it seamlessly and my budget is $1k. I am hoping this weekend to shop around locally because they are running pretty good sales right now, I've heard. It was either a computer or a vacation, but as much as I miss Seaside I highly doubt I can con a certain boy into going... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment